Goal: Follow the previous 8 km with a little extra as part of the training plan
- Previous night – moderately heavy but early dinner
- Morning – a liter of water after waking up
- Dynamic stretches – lunges, side-lunge, high-knee, knee bends, butt-kicks
- Kept a tall upright posture with a very slight forward bent, while consciously engaging the core muscles.
- Even pace all along, making sure that I enjoyed the run.
- The goal was only to ensure that I exceeded the last run distance.
- As I kept the pace very easy, there was no pains at all – it thrills me that I’m able to do this distance more easily now.
- Engaged in some stretching post run – static stretches for calves and quadriceps.
- Energy levels were good through the day
- Super Happy to have done the 9 kms today – a few years back when I was much younger, I couldn’t do it.
- Looking forward to the week long run – targeting 12 km!!!